Dash

How can we improve Oculus Dash?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to disable/limit CPU hungry Dash features for users with low spec machines

A number of users with under performing computers are having issues with Dash 2.0 taking away performance from VR games.

If the CPU/GPU hungry features had an option to disable or limit Dash 2.0 impact it might help.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow us to pick the colourful avatar skins from the old Home.

The new avatar system obviously still supports the old avatar materials, we should be able to pick them.

I miss my old avatar :(

10 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add a quick way to mute the microphone

Please add a quick way to mute the microphone. I live in a noisy house and I don't want to bother anyone in a multiplayer game when my kid starts crying, my dog starts barking, my wife has to ask me something or I have to answer the phone.
        The noise might be annoying to other people in a multiplayer game and sometimes I'd like to keep an real-world conversation private.

My preferred way for this to work would be to hold down the "Dash" (Universal Menu) button on the right controller for 2 seconds to mute/unmute the microphone.
        Double-pressing…

92 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Wristwatch Button Customization + Keyboard key macro on the wrist

--Wristwatch Customization

The wristwatch is still an experimental thing, it is good, but to be really useful it should have a way to customize the functions, size and position of the buttons.
          Each person has a priority for each type of function they want easy access.

Here is a reddit post I made exemplifying the MIC ON/OFF as the main button because we don't have a simple way to push to talk and/or turn the mic on and off.
          **Notifications are extremly easy to access, making the function useless in the wristwatch

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9m9vsi/hey_oculus_the_wristwatch_is_handy_but_the/

---Keyboard key macro on the wrist

Another…

76 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The Rift Should Allow for a Longer HDMI and USB cable connection, even repeaters don't work.

I've spent way too much money on trying to improve the cord management situation and nothing works. The Rift cables are too short and not even a repeater fixes the problem, it just won't detect it unless it's directly plugged in. Such a waste.

6 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow customization of how much the Dash darkens the game

A recent change makes the game world darken a bit when you open the dash. Personally, I don't like this change, I play a lot of VRChat and other social apps and like to use my dash while chatting. I'll still be looking around and talking with people while the dash is open, so I want the game world to stay the same. I know others might like this change though. It would be nice if there was some control over how much the game was darkened, including an option to turn it off. Maybe a slider of some sort?…

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Integrate rift.uservoice to Dash

I only just recently found out about this website when support recommended it to me. Turns out most of the ideas I had have already been suggested, but I still wish I would have known about it sooner.

I'd love to have an app in Dash that would display the most recent suggestions and show you any new comments left on an idea you made/liked. Even just making it a link that opened in browser would be better than not having anything.

Maybe more people would provide feedback if the ability to do so was part of the experience.

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not blacken the environment when using Dash

Often I would surf the web via the dash monitor in Oculus Home while watching a movie on the oculus home TV. With the dash system, it was very easy to multitask and stay in VR. Now, if using the dash monitor, everything becomes dark. If playing a game, you could quickly do something on the desktop while keeping a clear eye on the game. Now that the environment becomes dark, I find myself reverting back to just removing the hmd and using the actual monitor.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give us a settings option to switch between the current restricted window system and the old one.

Previously windows in dash allowed you to freely move them to your hearts content. While I understand why this new option exists for things like automatic leveling and centering, we should have the option to disable this "help" system for the old free movement.

Before this update I was watching netflix/amazon prime etc exclusively through dash without having to load other apps like bigscreen and saving resources. Now that this new system has your windows basically fight you to make it as difficult as possible to position them how you want, I've pretty much abandoned them all together again. Updates…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add setting to Deactivate oculus rift 2.0 function on Xbox controller in order to play non VR games on PC such as fifa

While lunching fifa (nonVR game) on oculus rift beta 2.0, the xbox controller buttoms functioning as touch controller, LT zooming the screen, RT opening another screen and so on. Therefore, if you can add an option on Oculus rift setting to deactivate these function on XBOX 1 game bad will be great in order to enjoy the game using the screen on Oculus rift. Also if we you add an option to remove the pointer on the screen that moves according to head's movement as it bothers while playing the game and it does function as pointer on game selections.

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Major problem with multiple screen users

Hi. Ever since the Dash 2.0 has been launched, even in beta, users with multiple screen setup have been experiencing problems.
                        The dash appears without the desktop icon and it's impossible to get out of the oculus home unless the rift is unplugged. This happens because the monitor goes black when oculus client is launched. The fact the the other monitors are disabled doesn't make a difference. Unplugging the extra monitors from the GPU did work for a while but now I'm having a dash without the desktop icon even with only one monitor plugged in. That means that I…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option to persistently disable ASW

Asynchronous Spacewarp seems to be set to "Auto" upon restart. I want to completely disable ASW. Currently, every time I play a Rift game, I open the debug tool and disable ASW manually. I would rather not have to do this on every restart, and instead have it persistently disabled.

4 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Red Shift App API or Windows Night Shift Integration

Windows 10 now has the ability to turn off blue light on the display at a specified time or at sundown. It's called "Nightshift". This removes blue light allowing us to get sleep despite using backlit devices. The Oculus needs to include this same functionality so that we don't have to quit a couple hours before bedtime just to get quality sleep and not mess up our circadian rhythm.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop putting the console where my touch controllers are or

Let us move it to where they are when we finally pick them up after putting on the headset.

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Better integrated voice regognition

In the windows 98 days we had great voice recognition for VR gameplay via Microsoft Sidewinder Game Voice. There were a lot of keyboard commands in most games of that era before Windows became more controller friendly. A good game voice profile really makes those games as real as it gets. A few strategy games, I was able to play with voice control alone without any other input. There were more things to be done on those games because the number of required input events, were not limited to the buttons on an X-box or 2 touch controllers. I still…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the home area so that...

1. It's not impossible to get back to your game. 2. You can automatically reposition/recalibrate the home area and virtual console to your position in the play area.

Also, just to add more features to the whole experience, make it so we can see a clock or watch or time while in any game somewhere based on some universal gesture.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• allow watch to be changed to right hand

They have recently added an experimental wristwatch, that can tell the time, and can even be pinned to appear in apps, however, there is not an option to move the watch to the right hand. I think this could be a good feature for lefties(and me, because I like to wear my watch on my right hand, even though I am right handed)

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Have an indicator when holding the Home button

My GF picked up the rift after I enabled the delay on the Home button. She was, however, very confused that the Home button "didn't work". I wasn't home to explain the change, and she assumed that the Dash was broken.

Perhaps use the capacitive button to show a small blip over that controller, then when pressed have "hold to open dash" or even just a little "clock" that counts down visually

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Disable guardian floor boundary fade-out

So after upgrading to core 2.0, I had to switch back almost immediately after almost punching my monitor out! Ive got a big scratch in mine now.

I use the floor-boundaries in oculus so that I know where I am in my playspace, without the distracting walls.

But in core 2.0, the outline of my playspace is so thin and hardly visible, and in fact not visible at all in longer straight areas.

Here is what mine looks like in core 1.0: https://i.imgur.com/UIz0mB0.jpg
                                        Nice bold and easy to see at a glance

And here is core 2.0: https://i.imgur.com/e6dsFbI.jpg
                                        Hardly visible!!…

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Integrate FB messenger with oculus

A lot of my family and friends use facebook messenger to contact me IRL or call me. It would be nice if I could get like a small message (I'm thinking like a small test window up in the top right or left of the screen) or sound from the dash letting me know when friends or family have messaged me in messenger.
                                          Also, it would be nice to respond VIA a built-in messenger app in the dash. Like answer calls on messenger or respond to texts VIA built-in app.

6 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base